Have you ever wanted to make your own hologram projector but thought it was hard? Well, read the instructions below and you will see that it will take you less than 20 minutes to create it.
Things you will need:
- Shoe box
- Clear plastic paper or glass
- Tape or glue
- Tablet or smartphone
- First place your tablet or smart phone at the top of the box, as shown in the picture below, so you can measure where you will cut the box. Mark those spots and cut the excess part off the box.
- Don’t throw the parts you just cut off. Simply tape them or glue them back to the box. The result is that you have a whole box once again only in the shape of your device.
- Next cut a rectangular piece at the front and leave about an inch on each side.
- Finally cut the clear plastic paper so it fits diagonally in your box.
*Optional: Paint the inside of your box black or, as I did, put the remaining pieces of your box inside if you have a black box. The black background will intensify the projection.
Put your video on your device, place it at the top of the box and you have your own hologram!
If you don’t know how to make a video suitable for a hologram projection, don’t worry there are plenty of samples on youtube. Just make sure to look for one sided hologram projection video.